So, I'm finally starting to feel it. Yup, the lack of income has hit me full force! That's what happens when I decide to pay close to $5000 in tuition to work for an MP. Yes, you read that right - I'm paying to work for them!
Don't get me wrong, I love my job (I'm not entirely sure I can use that word, if I'm not getting paid), but some sort of remuneration would be appreciated. :P I attempted to hold down a couple part-time jobs to counter the lack of income from my Parliament Hill job, but I'm still feeling it. Now, with my Hill job and a part time job left, I'm barely making enough to pay the rent to my pricey bachelor pad. This is a very odd feeling....
It's been a very long time since I've not had a steady income of some sort. I had my first job when I was 14 (illegal, yes, I know) as a paperboy, and have worked ever since. I love it, it keeps me busy, and eventhough my resume, at times, looks like a jumbled mush of jobs, I've put my heart and soul into each and every one, and have loved every minute of it!
The problem now is that I'm still living my life thinking that I have money - I'm spending money I don't have! My credit card bills are through the roof, rent is due and no where to be seen and my newfound toy (Mr. Cellphone) has caused many mini heart attacks because of her "hidden charges". Grr!
In a slight upside to this depressing entry, my birthday and Christmas are almost here, meaning (hopefully) many paper gifts - money! Whoo hoo!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment