Tuesday started off as any regular Tuesday - the President of Carleton University resigned, staff members are yelling at me for something I didn't do, and I had a 15 page paper due - like any Tuesday!
After class I was on my way to a couple receptions to relax and enjoy the rest of my evening. The first reception was fun and when that wrapped up, we were on our way to the second, when I realized that I may be a little underdressed for the event. I decided to walk home (about 5 mins away from the reception location) and change into some more appropriate clothing.
On my way home I bumped into Bob Rae, (random!) shook his hand and said hello. I got into my elevator, pressed my floor...and then I blacked out! The next thing I remember is waking up on the floor outside my apartment with blood on my hands, head and floor. I walk into my apartment to find a 3-inch gash on the left side of my forehead...hot!
Thanks to Danielle and Mat who got me to Civic Hospital to get cleaned up. The time there was fun, with questions about my alcohol and drug consumption. I was seen quite quickly (our health care system does work...so much for issues with wait times!) and after some witty sarcastic banter with Nurse Lydia and Doctors Wolpert and Woo, I was stitched up and ready to go home with a massive white bandage wrapped around my head. The final verdict: fainting due to dehydration.
On Thursday, I had to get hooked up to a 24hr heart monitor to make sure my ticker is still working, as it should. This was another adventure all together...
I was in the waiting room of the cardio centre for about 15mins and was surrounded by men and women three times my age watching LIVE with Regis and Kelly (which, I have a newfound appreciation for). When I get called in and the RN starts to brief me on the process she breaks the news to me that she has to DRY SHAVE parts of my chest and then SAND it down with SANDPAPER! Yeah, fun, eh? Ugh, so I'm currently hooked up to this 24hr heart monitor and loving every minute of it!
Random? YES, I know!
So, hopefully I'll be able to get my stitches out on Monday or Tuesday and enjoy my birthday and convention for the rest of next week. YAY!
I like to keep my life interesting...
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment